Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 14 & 15....

Let's just start by saying that...I NEED A VACATION!! I know that must sound a little bold this early on in the deployment, but I really felt like saying that right now!  Day 14 & 15 have been kinda rough to be honest!!  I love my little munchkins to pieces..but as every mother I am sure can relate..I need a break!! Snow/no school days are a booger..especially when your best friend is flying in to town in oh, I don't know 2 days!  If you know me...a little or at all..you know that I will COMPLETELY clean my house...you can tell me not too, say it doesn't matter and I am sure part of me agrees...but it's just not in my nature to let things go..or say oh well..this is life.  I will probably kill myself getting it all done..just to then be able to relax..lol!!  I know I am weird...but I have always been like this and I am sure I always will be.  The funny thing is..once my company arrives..I really don't care much what happens to the house..it's all in the presentation ya know!!  Anyway..so that brings us back to yesterday and today..WOW!!  I finally went a little postal on my kids (let's all remember that at the beginning of this journey I said I would be brutally honest)..it was NOT a good trip to the commissary and I had flat out just had it with bad attitudes and the spoiled behavior!!  We climbed into the car and they got the "speech"..with a bold promise that this would be the last time I am having this conversation..lol..we all know it won't be, but hey I felt good saying it at the time! Anyway, I calmed myself down (don't worry I had already apologized for loosing my cool)..we had dinner..then off to their rooms they went..I unloaded groceries, cleaned the kitchen up, vacuumed the family room, started laundry and loaded up recycling..whew I am tired again just writing that..ha ha!!  The surprise of all this is..they actually stayed up there playing and didn't come down until they were called..I had the timer set for 45 minutes..then reset it for another 15 and it worked.  I figure that from here on out..preferably before I lose my mind..I will be setting the timer and sending them off to their rooms for a break!!  Let's just remind you that my children are 10 & 7 and I am thinking...WHY haven't I done this before..or at least on a more consistent basis??  So for tonight...all is calm in the house..they are sleeping...I am heading that way...and we WILL make it through another day..I promise!!  Thanks for letting me Vent it all out!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment