Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 6...it's getting better

It's getting better day by day and I am feeling stronger too (do I dare admit that a little retail therapy helped lift the mood..lol)!!  Truth be told..it did lift my spirits a little today..I didn't go crazy or anything, but I did snag a cute jacket at my fav (Old Navy 1st-4th Military appreciation 10% off) and stocked up on some bath/body hand pump soaps..you can't beat the 6/20 deal..got my boy 2 pairs of new shoes, a cute top and a hoodie all on sale, got my daughter a darling pair of slippers (which she so loved) a cute hoodie and cute sneakers too!  Again I didn't go crazy..just had a little fun!  Let's not forget the cat..got his liter & food at Petsmart..so he is stocked!  Now on to my hubby..I have his first list of what we call "wanted items"..so I will be shopping for him tomorrow and filling that box to the brim!  On another note...we were sitting down eating dinner watching a movie and I got a text msg from my man...I almost fell over..lol!  He finally got his cell phone over yonder and was testing it out..I'm sure that those 3 txts will cost a fortune, but honestly I really don't care..that was the coolest!! I will be calling AT&T in the morning to find out what costs are involved for the international plan so that we can continue texting for sure..oh yea..then he called as well...what a great end to the day!  Tomorrow is gonna be busy as well, but tomorrow night we are finally going to sit down as a family and create our "responsibilities board" and the "house rules poster"..I'm wondering what the kids are going to think??  Should be fun or at the very least enlightening :)  Off to bed I go.....xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Cuirous to hear about the costs for the text and phone. We usually use Skype, but I am interested in him getting a phone this time, just wasn't sure what that will set me back. By the way, I love reading your blog. Keep it up! I look forward to seeing Day 366...HOMECOMING!!! (Or something close to that!!!) Love ya, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. At my house, we use a "chore dice." It helps to give the kids some excitement when giving out chores. I made a dice out of card stock & labeled each one with a chore; "dusting" "vacuuming" Dishes, etc, whatever type of chore. We also have a responsibility dice, which has all the pets on it, to see which child gets "care duties" for what pet. And we have our "snow day dice" which we use to help us determine what we do on our snow days. Today (Wed.2/9)our dice said "make cookies" - OK.
    Rolled it again & it said "card/board games."
    I hope things are going okay for you & the kiddos. Your lil' man did great by the way during the early dismissals on Monday. =)

    ReplyDelete