Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 3...

So, we finished yesterday off with a nice dinner here at the house with my parents...then we were off to "Cosmic" bowling..that was some serious fun.... Dad was 1st, Blake 2nd, Me 3rd and Mom last..guess we need to do some work on our games..lol!! Blake decided he would rather go home with my parents..so that left me "alone" for the first time!  To be honest..it was actually quite nice..well at least better than I thought it would be :)!!  I slept in today and woke up feeling refreshed, but then as the day went on it just seemed to get quite gloomy. I think it was the headache that started early on..that never really went away and the pit in my stomach (caused by many things I assume)..I realized that I still haven't fully adjusted to "him" being gone and that was adding to my frustration. The kids were tired and a bit cranky I must confess, so you can see where this was headed!!  Not even a trip to the movies and some more play time with friends could cure.  After being home for about an hour or so..the phone rang and it was my hubby...awww that put a big ol' smile on my face, but after talking to him for a bit I felt the sadness creeping back in..he is missing us something fierce (to which I say DITTO) and you could here it in his voice, which makes this whole thing so much harder!  I tried to be strong on the phone, but he knows me and I know he could sense something.  This is the hard part!!!! All I can say right now, is that tomorrow I am vowing to wake up on the right side of the bed..lol and press on!  I have to get my kids back on track..keep my head up and press on for all of us..even when it's hard and I don't want too! :)..I wish this post was way more uplifting, but I said in the beginning that I was going to be honest and today unfortunately it was just one of those days..."hopefully" tomorrow is better :)..until then 

4 comments:

  1. O Nik! I admire you so much. Thank you for all you do. Keep your head up. I'll be thinking and praying for you.

    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kristie....That you are honest and open as you have always been! Will be praying for you all...Thank you for Your service miss. nic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you have to go through this (AGAIN), but I wanted to let you know you post is helping me out. The boys seem to be taking this deployment the hardest. Andrew has screamed for 2 days straight!! Hang in there and hopefully this year will fly by!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Guys..I appreciate all your wonderful comments..yesterday was just rough..no way around it!! It's all good though..I think today is going to be much better!! @ Mandy..I hear ya honey...this one is for some reason going to be much harder on all of us..UGH!! You know I am here if you need me for anything..anytime <3 Nik

    ReplyDelete